The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) has appropriated funds to sponsor sports and special events to drive tourism to and within Clark County. The purpose of the sports and special events sponsorship program is to provide funds and in kind resources to bring new events to Clark County. Sponsorship funds under this program must be used to promote host destination city within Clark County, facility rental, officials, transportation, etc. Funds may not be used to cover administrative costs. Funding is subject to the discretion of and express approval of the LVCVA.
Applications will be screened by a committee and evaluated on the merits of driving tourism to Clark County. Proof of performance and delivery of sponsorship elements will be evaluated by the LVCVA Sponsorship Review Committee prior to full payment of sponsorship and will be subject to a final audit upon completion of event. All sponsorship funding levels will decrease each successive year and the funding sponsorship of the event will cease after a maximum of three years. This will allow appropriated funds to assist other new events to attract additional tourism to Clark County.
- All Sponsorship Applications for funding, starting July 2020 and beyond, are due no later than August 29, 2019.
- All applications will be reviewed by the LVCVA Sponsorship Committee and you will receive a response no later than March 2020.
- Consideration will be based on the event criteria identified in the Sponsorship Application Information Cover Letter.
- Only completed applications will be considered.
- Review by the LVCVA Sponsorship Committee does not guarantee funding.
Download the following documents to start the application process: