The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority is committed to providing access to public records in accordance with Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 239. All public records, the contents of which are not otherwise declared by law to be confidential or meeting the balancing test, shall be open for timely inspection or to obtain copies. Public records may also be redacted pursuant to NRS Chapter 239.
Guidelines for Submitting a Public Records Request
- Public records requests should be submitted through the electronic submission system.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT A REQUEST
- Be specific, per NRS the request must be a precise request and reduce the scope of your request as much as possible. Details regarding locations, dates, project or contract numbers are helpful. This will focus and expedite our records search.
- Include the requestor's contact information, including email, mailing address and phone number.
- Certain records and data are available online for public viewing and/or downloading. Please search these before submitting a formal record request. For some data reports, a separate fee may apply.
Pursuant to NRS 239, within five (5) business days of receiving a request for a public record, the LVCVA will:
- Allow the requestor to inspect or copy the record, or
- Notify the requestor that the office does not possess the information and provide the name and address of the entity that does, if known, or
- Notify the requestor that the information cannot be available within five (5) business days and provide a date and time after which the record will be available to inspect or copy, or
- Notify the requestor that the information is confidential and cite the statute or other legal authority to deny the request.
- Due to the volume of requests, records accessibility, staff availability and legal constraints, we may need sufficient time to locate and produce requested records.
- Records are not always readily accessible. Both electronic and hard copy records are maintained in dozens of offices, in records archives, and on multiple servers.
- Please keep in mind that the LVCVA may charge for copies or extraordinary use of staff time, in accordance with NRS 239.